Maid cafés (メイド喫茶 ) are a subcategory of cosplay restaurants found predominantly in Japan. In these cafés, waitresses dressed in maid uniforms act as servants, and treat customers as masters (and mistresses) in a private home, rather than as café patrons.
For 2013, Florida Anime Experience is proud to welcome this popular concept to our convention with Wasabi Anime® presents: Café Peko Peko (www.cafepekopeko.com)
The team from Wasabi Anime has sent scouts to Akihabara in Japan for the past two years to do research in making convention-based Maid Cafés more authentic and, earlier this year, they joined forces with the ladies from Café Peko Peko to create a new, unique, and exciting experience for anime con attendees. OUR MAID CAFE IS AN ALL AGES EXPERIENCE!
Florida Anime Experience will host three (3) seatings of the café in the Manga Library (the Citrus C room) in the Convention Center.
- FRIDAY at 6:00 PM. (Seating begins at 5:45 PM)
- SATURDAY at 2:00 PM. (Seating begins at 1:45 PM)
- SUNDAY at 2:00 PM. (Seating begins at 1:45 PM)
Admission to each seating is $12 (in advance or at the door.) This fee covers the following:
- ADMISSION to the event. (Approximately one hour.)
- One CUPCAKE. Large. Most likely with green frosting. We apologize, but due to food restrictions we will not have a vegan option for food.
- One DRINK – hot tea or iced water… or, maybe, both if you ask your maid nicely.
- One GAME will be played with each individual at the table. (Choices will be presented at the café.)
- ENTERTAINMENT provided by the lovely maids in the style of moe (萌え) Maid Cafés in Japan!
Each seating has room for only 32 attendees. We suggest buying your ticket in advance to avoid a sell out: floridaanime2013.eventbrite.com
As is custom with Japanese Maid Cafés, photographs inside the café are not permitted, but you can purchase a kawaii (かわいい) photo with one of the maids taken with our imported Fuji instant camera for only $5 in the café!
Other Café Peko Peko merchandise will be available in the café, too.
DON’T MISS THIS CHANCE TO ENJOY AN AUTHENTIC PART OF JAPANESE POP CULTURE HERE IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA!
(Questions? Email us! email@example.com)