Cosplay and Photography go hand in hand. It’s a chance for two skills to showcase one another with artistic (and often amazing) results. Florida Anime Experience 2013 will feature our first event Cosplay Photography Contest.
The entries MUST be submitted in advance of the convention (see the rules below.) All accepted entries will be displayed in the Manga Library/Maid Cafe for attendees to view throughout the weekend before the announcement of winners on the Sunday of the event.
Have questions about the contest and can’t find the answer here? Email email@example.com.
- All entrants must be paid and registered attendees of Florida Anime Experience 2013 in order to enter the Photography contest – and, yes, you must be present at the award ceremony to win.
- You may only submit ONE photo into the contest.
- You must be the photographer of the entry.
- The photograph being entered must have been taken on or after May 25, 2012 (i.e. after Florida Anime Experience 2012)
- The Photography Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all photos to a “PG-13″ rating (i.e. no nudity or graphic content).
- All entries must be sourced from a character from anime, fashion, manga, musical acts, or video games of Japanese origin.
- All entries must be received by April 24, 2013. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- All entries must measure 8×10 and be submitted as a 300 dpi jpg file.
- Florida Anime Experience reserves the right to amend any of the above rules at any time.
DEADLINE: All entries must be emailed and received by the entry deadline of Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at midnight.
PRESENTATION: The photos will be presented in the Manga Library throughout the weekend of Florida Anime Experience 2013.
CONTEST: The presentation of winners will take place Sunday during the convention at 1:30 PM in Main Events.
- Best in Show (The photo judged by Florida Anime Experience to be the best!)
- Fan Favorite (Voting box is located in the Manga Library with the photo gallery.)
- Best Aesthetic (The photo that captures the sense of beauty the most effectively)
- Best Composition (The photo with the best arrangement of elements within the shot)
- Most In-Character (The photo that best represents the character portrayed)
HOW TO ENTER
Email your entry (300 dpi jpg measuring 8×10) with the following information:
- Your name.
- Your phone number.
- The model(s) in the photograph – for credit purposes.
- The title of the photograph.
- Your photography website (if you have one.)
The email address for sending this info and the photograph is firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get a confirmation email within 48 hours of entry. If not, please call us at (407) 536-9272 to see if a firewall, spam filter, or Internet monster of some sort ate it.