One of the key focuses of Florida Anime Experience since Year One has been to integrate our convention into the LOCAL fan community. As part of this initiative, we’re looking to bring on a staff artist for Florida Anime Experience 2017 to help with the forthcoming ad campaign (launching in January).
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A *local* artist. This means you are based in the Orlando/Kissimmee, Florida region.
- The ability to produce artwork in a digital format for online and print use. You will also be designing the convention badge.
- The ability to communicate clearly via email.
- The ability to draw our mascot, the FAE Mech, and one of our company mascots: Midori. You know, these two:
What we’re offering:
- You will be listed as Featured Talent for Florida Anime Experience 2017.
- We will provide a complimentary Artist Alley table for you at the event. (You will be able to sell prints based on the artwork you create for us and your other artwork, too!)
- In addition to your Featured Talent pass – we will provide you with two (2) additional complimentary Weekend Passes for your friends/family.
- A hotel room at our host hotel (The Park Inn) checking in Friday and checking out Sunday. (Two  nights.)
HERE’S HOW TO GET YOUR NAME IN THE RUNNING:
- Draw a sketch of the FAE Mech & Midori together so we can see how your style matches up to our character’s look.
- Email it to Contact@FloridaAnime.com with the subject “Florida Anime Artist” with the following info:
– Your name
– Your artist website
– Your age
– Your zip code
We will select an artist before the end of December.
For reference, here are some FAE Mech and Midori sketches
FAE MECH. (Click thumbnails for full images)