Crossplay (a mix of “cross dressing” and “cosplay”) has always been a popular part of anime convention costume culture. As a result, Florida Anime Experience will AGAIN host a Crossplay Contest! The competition is sometimes fierce, sometimes fabulous, but always FUN! This is a must see event at the convention!
- You must have purchased an entry into Florida Anime Experience 2013 in order to enter/present on stage for the Costume Contest.
- Male cosplayers must enter as a female character and female cosplayers must enter as a male character.
- The Crossplay Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating (i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire.)
- All weapons and props must conform with Florida Anime Experience rules, convention center policies, and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question of doubt, don’t bring it.
- Please provide reference images of the character you are dressed as. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them! Please provide this image on a piece of paper to attach to your costume contest registration form. No digital images (i.e. cell phones, iPads, portable computers, tablets, etc.) or books can be submitted for your reference image. Please print the picture out for the judges.
- All entries must be sourced from a character from anime, manga, or video games of Japanese origin. This means “original characters” are not permitted in the contest.
- Florida Anime Experience 2012 reserves the right to modify, update, or amend the rules at any time… just in case.
- Have fun.
SIGN UP for the contest Friday at 8:00 PM in Chibi Events.
THE CONTEST takes place that same evening at 9:00 PM in Chibi Events
Almost The Best CROSSPLAYER (Runner Up)
Most A-MAZING MALE Crossplay
Most FABULOUS FEMALE Crossplay
Email us! Cosplay@FloridaAnime.com