Cosplay (コスプレ) – short for “costume play” – is a type of performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture centered on role play.
What anime convention would be complete without a Cosplay Contest? (Not to be confused with the Costume Contest.) Florida Anime Experience wants to put you on stage as your favorite anime characters to entertain the audience, our judges, and maybe (just maybe) win fabulous prizes!
- All contestants must be registered attendees of Florida Anime Experience 2013. No badge = no entry.
- Single person entries have a time limit of one (1) minute. Group entries have a limit of three (3) minutes.
- NO MUSICAL ENTRIES. If you wish to do a musical number, we recommend you enter Animusical Idol on Friday night.
- No open flames, silly string, t-shirt cannons, confetti, etc. etc. Nothing can be thrown into the audience including, but not limited to, your own body.
- All skits must be PG-13. If you are concerned of your skit’s content, please shoot us an email and we will review it with you.
- All costumes within the skit must be of Japanese origin (i.e. anime, J-POP, J-Rock, manga, video games, etc.)
- There are no microphones, so pre-recorded audio is your best bet. Please bring it in either MP3 or CD format. Do NOT bring us your iPod, iPad, tablet, laptop, etc. We just need the file – not your hardware.
- We have the right to amend any of the above rules at any time.
- Have fun.
SIGN UP for the contest Sunday at 1:00 PM in Chibi Events.
THE CONTEST takes place that same day at 2:30 PM in Main Events.